Hey guys, how’s life? I hope you had an amazing Sunday, but if you didn’t, here’s a little of sunshine to make things better ☺ 😛
The Sunshine Blogger Award is definitely the one I see the most around the book blogging community – it’s my third time getting nominated, this time thanks to Jessica @ The Awkward Book Blogger! ❤ The thing I love about this awards is that the questions are always so unique that you can get nominated as many times as you want and yet is always a different experience 😀 So, let’s jump into Jessica’s questions!
But first, The Rules:
– Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
– Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
– Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write then 11 new questions.
– List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. What is the story behind your blog’s name?
I decided to name my blog after my bookstagram account so that it could be easier for people to find me around the blogosphere. And I own all the credits for that name to my best friend Ness because I’m terrible at being creative with names and similar things. She basically picked two things I’m passionate about – books and Disney – and put them together. We both agreed on the mermaid part because Ariel is my favorite princess ❤
2. What is your favorite season?
Never really thought deeply about it, but I’d say Spring because I love flowers and my birthday in on March 🙂
3. If you could relive one year of your life, which year would it be?
Last year, 2015. I’d love to visit London again (and I’d visit King’s Cross this time!!) but I’d also try to change some things I did.
4. Any peculiar hobbies or talents?
Well, my incredible talent is that I give up on everything I do – I used to have piano lessons, but I hated my teacher because she didn’t usually pay much attention to what I was doing, and so I left. I’ve tried to learn by myself multiple times but I don’t have much free time anymore, and even though I can play quite well with my right hand, I was having a hard time playing with both, no matter how much I’d practice! I also had to quit my dance lessons, but that was because I didn’t have time to attend them and my math study sessions at the same time! I left my swimming classes right after I learned how to swim properly and also left my school volleyball team (to be honest, that was because I didn’t like the other girls in the team 😛 ). Now my only hobbies are my german classes (outside of school) and this blog – let’s see how long I can keep them 😂
5. Favorite recent song?
“Shout Out To My Ex” – Little Mix. Still obsessed ❤
6. If you were in a fire and could only save one book or box set from your shelf, which one would it be?
This is my worst nightmare!! I don’t know … maybe the book I was currently reading?
7. Which underhyped book or series do you think deserves more attention?
I don’t read a lot of underhyped books, but the only one I have on my shelf that I enjoyed but don’t see a lot of people talking about it is All the Feels by Danika Stone. 🙂
8. Do you like the smell of vinegar? (I know this is super random, but long story short, a used book I bought recently smelled like vinegar and I got mixed reactions when I asked my friends to smell it.)
I’ve never really paid much attention to the smell of vinegar, to be honest. I’m probably going to look a little bit crazy the next time I see it and suddenly pick it up so that I can smell it 😛
9. Do you prefer ebooks or physical books more?
Ebooks are great to read at night when I can’t sleep and everyone is already in bed – but they give me a lot of headaches. I prefer physical books!
10. What is your favorite book or series of all time, excluding Harry Potter?
“Excluding Harry Potter“. You kinda ruined that there for me 😂 Okay, okay, I’ll answer with my other favorites – The Mortal Instruments and Percy Jackson! ❤
11. If you could redesign one book cover, which one would it be?
Vampire Academy. It’s not that I don’t like the covers they have now, but they’re not my favorites either. I don’t really like the cover with the movie poster too, and don’t even get me started talking about the Portuguese cover … 😒
The last time I posted an award, I had to come up with 11 questions as well, and as I’m out of ideas, I’ll use them for this one too – sorry, guys! 😛
- What are you currently reading?
- What is your reading goal for this year?
- Do you prefer sun or rain while reading?
- Can you describe the last book you read in five words?
- Do you have any shelf dedicated to a specific series? If yes, do you keep there anything else related to it other than the books?
- Who are your favorite female characters of all time?
- What is your favorite item on your shelves and why?
- What is your favorite tv show at the moment?
- What was your biggest reading disappointments of this year?
- Do you usually write a bookish Christmas wishlist or let your family pick whatever they think you’d like?
- What book you must finish before the end of 2016?
And I nominate …
Melissa @ The Bookworm’s Fantasy
Mads @ Mads The Bookworm
Cate @ Midnight Biblio Blog
Fadwa @ Word Wonders
Michelle @ Forest City Bookworm
Dee @ The Bookish Khaleesi
Kristin @ Kristin Rose Reads
Jasmine @ How Useful It Is
Mariana @ Fireheart Books
Bia @ Beauty and the Books
Theresa @ The Calico Books
Jessica @ Pore Over Books
Megan @ Book Slayer Reads