We all know it’s hard to stick to our New Year goals, and this year that won’t be different, but as I’ve started to read more last year and even actually blog, I’d like to see some improvement in my life. And that’s why I decided to write down all my expectations for this year:
- Read 50 books. Yup, I’m being ambitious this year! Last year I set my goal for 30 books (and ended up reading 71), but this year I actually want to challenge myself. I’ll be busier with school (and later, hopefully, with uni) this year but let’s be positive!
- Start a book buying ban. My birthday is on March and I’m sure I’ll get some books, but after that, I won’t be buying any more books until I read EVERYTHING from my tbr. I only have around 25 books there right now, but I don’t want anything to pile up.
I’ll probably break this.
- Stop requesting so many books from Netgalley. For the same reason stated above.
- Start using my local library/school library more often. I have a huge
(it’s not that big, but still)list of books I want to get from the library, and I want to get rid of it as soon as possible.
- Try to read more books out of my comfort zone/genres I don’t usually read.
- Reread Harry Potter. I got myself the new edition box set for Christmas, and I’d love to kinda re-read but at the same time read for the first time because it’s in a different language. I don’t know if I’ll get around to do it, though, and it won’t be a big deal if I don’t.
- Be consistent. Sometimes I write + post a lot of things in one week, sometimes I only post one thing. So I thought about finding a middle term! So I’ll try to post 2-3 posts per week: one of those times hopefully being a review and the other some meme/tag/award, etc. During the holidays, as I have more time, I’ll be able to post more. I’ll probably only start this in February, because I have quite a few late posts!
- Let go of memes. They’re quick and fun to write, and I’ll certainly look into more memes that I found out about recently, but I feel like they don’t add a lot to my blog. I’ll keep doing them, though, just not with the same frequency I used to.
- Write discussion posts. This is something I’ve been wanting to do for a few months, and I’ve been reading a lot of posts with tips lately and I definitely want to try it! But I have a lot of trouble, especially with finding a topic
- Improve my writing style. English is not my first language, so at first, I tried to write in a very simple way, but I can feel I’m improving (I can see it through my school tests). However, I can always do better, so I’ll keep reading in English and improve my writing style, especially when I write reviews.
- Interact more. During the past few weeks, I’ve been trying to comment on a lot of posts, and I want to keep doing that. I don’t comment enough on Instagram photos, though, what I want to change; and I also want to talk more on twitter.
- Add some sort of translator. I follow a couple of Portuguese bloggers that only post in Portuguese, and they follow me back. One of them suggested that I should add a Portuguese translation on my posts, as she didn’t enjoy reading in English that much. I thought the idea was pretty good, but I’ve done my research and couldn’t find anything to add to WordPress. Any ideas?
- Be more organized. I’m pretty crazy about organization in general, but it’s never enough. I made myself a planner with EVERYTHING I think I need (because regular planners are always missing something), so now let’s see if this works for me.
- Keep everything clean. I try to clean my room once a week, because it can get pretty messed up throughout the week, with clothes that I didn’t want to use in the morning, empty plates and mugs, and lost things everywhere. Now I’ll try to at least put everything in its place before I go to bed each night, so that it doesn’t take too long to clean it on Sundays.
- Finish redecorating my room. I only need to get a huge box to keep my bags, some smaller boxes to keep my school stuff and a new bookshelf! I also need to paint my current bookshelf (it’s red and I wanted it white), but I’ll leave that to my next holidays, when I have more time and the weather is warmer.
- Try to exercise more. This is on my list every year and every year I fail! I have P.E. at school and that’s literally the only thing keeping me healthy, because every time I want to start exercising regularly, I find myself with no time because of school! I love dancing, though, so maybe I’ll ask for Just Dance for my birthday and that will keep me entertained until I have time to exercise properly.
- Go back to my French app. I have an app on my tablet to learn languages, and I chose French because I wanted to re-learn it. However, due to lack of time, I stopped using it almost two months ago and never got around to open it again.
- Be on track at school: pay more attention in classes (only I know how much boring my Portuguese classes can be) and study every day. I need to get a better grade in Portuguese next term!
- Get into college: for that, I need to focus on the previous goal 😛
- Last, but not least, here’s one that is more like a hope rather than a goal: get a part time job. I’ve been trying to get one since I turned 16, because at that age you can already work here, but no one really wants a teenager. McDonald’s would accept me, for example, but the one near my house was only looking for people to work during the night (like 8 pm – 2 am). Now that I’m turning 18 next March, though, I have better chances of finding something.
Now you how much of a mess I am haha
What are your goals for 2017? 🙂