Hello, everyone, and happy Sunday! 😀
Today I’m here to tell you how I usually choose my books 😛 Thank you so much, Jo-Ann @ Inspiration Pie, for tagging me for the How I Choose My Books Tag ^^
Here are the questions:
Find a book on your shelves or e-reader with a blue cover. What made you want to pick up this book?
- loved the movie
- my friends were reading it at the time, and they said it was really good
- saw this cover when I went to London and couldn’t resist
Think of a book you didn’t expect to enjoy, but did. Why did you read it in the first place?
- definitely because of the movie! 😛
- I’m not a big fan of Nicholas Sparks books, even though I find the movies enjoyable. I loved the movie so much when I first watched it, though, I had to read the book, and ended up loving it too.
Stand in front of your bookshelf with your eyes closed and pick up a book at random. How did you discover this book?
- I found out about this book when I first saw it on a bookstagram post (and then, on many more posts! haha)
Pick a book that someone personally recommended to you. What did you think of it?
- I borrowed Landline from my best friend, but I didn’t like it that much and ended up rating it 2,5 stars
Pick a book that you discovered through YouTube / book blogs. Did it live up to the hype?
- A Court of Thorns and Roses didn’t live up to the expectations, but ACOMAF and then ACOWAR certainly did 😀
Find a book on your shelves or ereader with a one-word title. What drew you to this book?
- Filipe‘s review and how much he talked about this trilogy!!
What book did you discover through a film / TV adaptation?
- and I love both the book and the movie! 😀
Think of your all-time favourite book/s. When did you read these and why did you pick them up in the first place?
- Again, because of the movie. I watched the first minutes of it in class, I think it was Philosophy, and ended up watching the rest at home.
- The movie, too. I watched it in History class back in 9th grade, and I loved it so much I kept promising myself I’d read the book soon. It took me two years after that to finally read it, but I did. 😂
- Surprise, surprise! The movie haha
- I watched City of Bones when I was in 9th grade, and I obsessed with it so much I’d watch it every Friday
- Then, I found out it was a movie adaptation, got the book, then completed the series, and kept obsessing over the Shadowhunter world 😛
- I had watched the movies several times before, but never got around to pick up the books, and when I saw them at the library two years ago, I thought why not? and read them 🙂
So, apparently, there’s a pattern: watch movie > love movie > read the book > love book! haha
How did you choose what you’re currently reading? 🙂